True to UCSB’s commitment to the environment, Sierra Madre is a housing development designed to exceed the LEED Gold standards. Located just one mile from the UCSB campus, it is much more than the typical apartment complex. Sierra Madre is a community fully equipped with a central commons space to support study, lounge, dining and recreation activities. The complex has on-site laundry facilities and is accessible via bus or off-street bike and walking paths.
Also see our Virtual Tours...
- 3-bedroom/2-bath apartments (35) and 2-bedroom/2-bath apartments (74)
- All units are fully furnished
- Kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances
- 3-story buildings with elevator access, indoor corridors and electronic key access
- Dining commons and pool located at Santa Catalina complex across the street
- Two 100-person capacity community centers, recreation game room and gym
- Onsite parking is available
- Room layout graphic shown is approximate in scale (actual furniture configurations may differ; beds are not “lofted” for Summer Conferences).
- Bedrooms (2 or 3 per apartment) & Linens
- Two single beds per bedroom
- Double closet
- Two desks
- Two dressers
- 5 Closet hangers
- Linen service includes sheets, a blanket, a pillow, and a pillowcase; new linen will be provided each week
- Electric tea kettle
- Table service for four or six, including knives, forks, spoons, cups and plates
- Bathrooms (2 per apartment)
- Towels and washcloths (changed twice per week)
- Toilet paper, wastebasket
- Shower curtain
- Wireless Internet access
- Laundry facilities
- There are no phones in individual rooms
- Apartments do not have televisions
- Rooms and bathrooms are ready upon arrival. Sheets, blankets, and a pillow are placed on each bed with 2 towels and 1 washcloth per person. Towels may be exchanged at the Conference & Hospitality Services Apartments Office. Once a week, housekeeping will clean the common areas and exchange towels in the apartment. If beds are clear of personal belongings, the linens will also be exchanged once a week.
- Bus Stop 5 minutes
- Isla Vista Beach 15 minutes
- UCSB Bus Loop & Main Campus 30 minutes
- Camino Real Shopping Center 15 minutes
- P.O. boxes are available for rent at the campus University Center.
- Cost: $15/quarter + $5 key deposit (refundable IF key is returned).
Note: Mail cannot be sent directly to the complex address. Items will be returned to sender.