Our Summer Conferences Catering team specializes in high profile social events. We partner with University Center Catering to prepare an eclectic range of international, seasonal, fresh, and healthy items in customized menus designed especially for your event and budget. We also provide decorative linens and props for a variety of themes.
Planning Your Catered Event
Once your summer conference contract has been finalized, you will be contacted by a Conference Dining Coordinator who will assist you with all of your dining and catering needs. We will need the following information to begin planning your catered event(s):
- Date and time of event
- Estimated start and end times
- Preferred location (see Locations Guide)
- Approximate guest count
- Event style
- Budget parameters
- Contact person for the event
- Arrangements for catered events should be made 45 working days before your conference begins. Orders received fewer than 45 working days prior to the conference start date are accommodated whenever possible and may include a service charge.
- A guaranteed guest count for each catered event is required 5 working days prior to the event date.
- Once final arrangements for catered events are made, a confirmation will be sent to the client with the menus and a budget outline.
- Events, menu choices or services canceled less than 3 full working days prior to the event are subject to a minimum 50% charge. Events canceled with less then 24 hours notice are charged in full.
- Your budget will be based on the estimated guest count and the event ending time that you provide during planning. If your guest count is reduced or your event end time is delayed more than 15 minutes and clean up is postponed, a service charge will be added.
Off-Campus Events Charges
- If you choose an off-campus site for your event, a transportation charge of $10 per mile, per vehicle applies.
Event Staffing Charges
- All catered events and refreshment breaks are fully staffed by University personnel. A pick-up option is available for Snack Bags and Box Lunches with no service staff.
- Environmentally-friendly serviceware and utensils
- Compostable plates and utensils are provided for all events, except served meals that require china, silver, and glassware
- Locally grown and prepared
- The majority of our produce comes directly from local farms and growers
- Prime meats, seafood, and fresh baked breads and pastries are prepared in our own kitchen.
UCSB Conference Dining & Catering Office