True to UCSB’s commitment to the environment, San Joaquin is a housing development designed to achieve the LEED Gold standards. Located just one mile from the UCSB campus, San Joaquin is a community fully equipped to support study, lounge, dining and recreation activities. The complex has on-site laundry facilities and is accessible via bus or off-street bike and walking paths.
- Adjacent to Santa Catalina Residence Hall
- 650 Storke Road: San Joaquin North Villages (Elsinore Court, Calavaras Court, Malibu Court, Ramona Court)
- The North Village will be comprised of 107 apartments in four 2- to 3-story buildings.
- 750 Storke Road: San Joaquin Tower Villages (Tenaya North, Tenaya South)
- Along Storke Road will be two 6-story Towers that will have top-floor terraces that overlook a central plaza of courtyards and open space. The North Tower will have 24 apartments, and the South Tower will have 34 apartments.
- There will be one elevator in each tower, and one in each North Village cluster
- All 165 units are fully furnished
- Kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances
- 2-story Portola Dining Commons located on property with outdoor patio and mountain views
- Pool located on property
- Nearby parking
- Bedrooms (2 bedrooms per apartment available during summer conference season) & Linens
- Two single beds per bedroom
- Double closet
- Two desks
- Two dressers
- 5 Closet hangers
- Linen service includes sheets, a blanket, a pillow, and a pillowcase; new linen will be provided each week
- Stove/Oven, Microwave
- Bathrooms (2 per apartment)
- Towels and washcloths (changed twice per week)
- Toilet paper, wastebasket
- Wireless Internet access
- Laundry facilities
- There are no phones in individual rooms
- Rooms and bathrooms are ready upon arrival. Sheets, blankets, and a pillow are placed on each bed with 2 towels and 1 washcloth per person. Towels may be exchanged at the Conference & Hospitality Services Apartments Office. Once a week, housekeeping will clean the common areas and exchange towels in the apartment. If beds are clear of personal belongings, the linens will also be exchanged once a week.
- Bus Stop 5 minutes
- Isla Vista Beach 15 minutes
- UCSB Bus Loop & Main Campus 30 minutes
- Camino Real Shopping Center 15 minutes
- P.O. boxes are available for rent at the campus University Center.
- Cost: $15/quarter + $5 key deposit (refundable IF key is returned).