Academic Year Meeting Space
Events for which there are Fees
- A majority of non-Housing events held in the residence halls and undergraduate apartments will have fees associated with them
- UCSB campus departments using residence hall and/or undergraduate apartment public area space for events that do not fit in the categories below ("Events for which there are Not Fees") will be required to pay for their use of this space (see "Fees" below)
Reservation requests must be submitted through the online room request form
Usage subject to availability and approval by the Lead Staff/Administrative Services Coordinator of the building and/or Conference & Hospitality Services
- All facilities except the Santa Catalina Linda Vista Room and the Loma Pelona Center
- $45 for the first 4 hours
- $10 per hour for each additional hour
- Santa Catalina Linda Vista Room
- $150 for the first 4 hours
- $30 per hour for each additional hour
- The usages below are not subject to rental fees, but the public area must still be reserved through the online room request form. Use is subject to availability and approval by the Lead Staff/Administrative Services Coordinator of the building and/or Conference & Hospitality Services. The event must abide by all Housing policies and procedures.
- Residents of the hall/complex putting on events specifically and primarily for residents of their hall/complex, which are open to and benefit all residents of the hall/complex
- Housing programs and departmental meetings
- Faculty-led events and CLAS activities
- UCSB campus departments putting on programs specifically and primarily for the residents of the hall/complex, which are open to and benefit all residents of the hall/complex
Reservation Rules and Timelines
- Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis
- Reservation requests must be submitted at least five business days, but not more than nine months, in advance
- No reservations can be made during study week and finals week
- The main lounge, rec room, classroom of a particular building cannot be booked at the same time. At least one of these spaces must be free for resident drop-in use.
- No private parties (approved FSH resident spaces excepted)
- During the academic year, these spaces are only available for use by UCSB campus departments and residents of the building/complex
- Exception: With approval, and in coordination with Housing, facilities may be used by the County as vote centers for general, primary, and special elections
Summer Conference Meeting Space
Manzanita Village meeting spaces provide a true community setting and offer relaxed lounges with terraces overlooking the scenic campus. Classrooms in Manzanita also serve as great spaces for break-out sessions or small group business meetings.
On the banks of UCSB’s scenic lagoon, San Miguel Hall features some of UCSB’s most sought-after residence hall meeting spaces. With floor lounges on each of its eight stories, as well as a main lounge, classroom, and recreation room, the possibilities for conferences and events are as endless as your imagination.
Neighboring San Miguel Hall on the east side of campus, San Nicolas Hall’s meeting spaces include a main lounge, classroom, and recreation room. The perfect setting for some fresh air and healthy competition, use the volleyball court for breaks between business meetings to experience the sights and sounds of Santa Barbara.
A mile northeast of campus, Santa Catalina Hall consists of a pair of high-rise towers with ideal conference facilities and business meeting space. A variety of group meeting spaces are available for lectures and meetings of all kinds. The largest meeting space, the Linda Vista room, accommodates 300 for your large group events. Use the Fiesta Room to host a working session or reception, and during the summer encourage guests to relax around the pool at the end of a productive day.
Residence hall meeting spaces with Southern California style make up the recently renovated Santa Cruz Hall. Situated near Campus Point, these meeting spaces offer spectacular ocean views and the essence of beach style. Plan events in the main lounge, classroom, recreation room, or any of the individual floor lounges for a memorable event.
Nestled in the heart of campus, the beach is a short walk away from the convenient meeting spaces of Santa Rosa Hall. Featuring four floor lounges for group meetings, as well as a main lounge, classroom, and recreation room, Santa Rosa has the right campus rental for your next event.
Neighboring Santa Catalina Residence Hall, San Joaquin Villages consists of two towers and four clusters of hip and modern apartments. In addition to three recreation rooms, San Joaquin has a number of cozy study lounges that are ideal for breakouts or small group work. San Joaquin’s outdoor features include sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, and a large lawn. We encourage you to live it up, California style!
Located a mile from the heart of campus, the Sierra Madre Villages apartment complex is the ideal space to host retreats, as well as academic and business meetings. This peaceful setting features two multipurpose meeting facilities with a beautiful courtyard that is an ideal place to host catered events. Sierra Madre also has four small meeting rooms, and each village conveniently has its own floor lounges for informal, impromptu gatherings.
Santa Ynez has stunning views of the mountains, BBQ areas throughout the complex, a large field for soccer and other activities, as well as a sand volleyball court. Jameson Community Center is a large, multipurpose facility perfect for meetings, retreats, and leisure time, and also features a smaller Community Center available for breakouts.