Unfortunately, due COVID-19 and the rapidly changing nature of it's impact, we have decided to cancel Intern Housing for Summer 2020. Our goal is to open Intern Housing again in Summer 2021. Please check back in late Winter 2021 for updated information about the Summer 2021 registration process.
Are you a college student interning or working in Santa Barbara this summer?
If so, UCSB offers convenient and affordable housing in our newest University-owned apartment complex from June 20 - September 13, 2020.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a currently enrolled student at a college/university and be participating in a summer internship or job in the Santa Barbara area OR be a UC Santa Barbara student working on campus in the summer
- Proof of eligibility required to complete the application process. This includes a current transcript indicating your student status, as well as a letter of acceptance from your internship.
Rates, Application, and Payment Process
- $35 per night, per person for a double occupancy room
- $55 per night, per person for a single occupancy room
- 30 night minimum
- Applications are due by noon on June 1.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email with a payment link. The total for your entire stay will be due in advance, and your space will not be held without receipt of payment. All payments are due by noon on June 8.
- There is a 20% cancellation fee for all reservations that are cancelled after payment is made.
- Refunds will not be issued for shortened stays.
- Please review the Intern Housing Terms & Conditions.
The San Joaquin Villages apartment complex is located at 650 Storke Rd., about a mile from the main campus. Each three bedroom, two bath apartment houses up to six people and comes fully furnished.
- Two single beds per room
- Double closet
- Two desks
- Two dressers
- Kitchen/Living Room
- Stainless steel appliances, including a refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, and dishwasher
- Table service for six, including knives, forks, spoons, cups, and plates
- Electric tea kettle
- Granite countertops
- Dining table or counter and stools, depending on apartment setup
- Couch and armchair
- Coffee table
- Entertainment unit
- Shower curtain, toilet paper, and wastebasket provided
Perks and Amenities
- On site pool, sand volleyball courts, and basketball courts
- On site laundry facilities
- High-speed wireless internet access
- Less than a mile from two shopping centers (restaurants, coffee shops, movie theater, shops including groceries/toiletries, household good, clothing, office supplies, etc.)
- Light weekly housekeeping
- Linen included (sheets, blanket, pillow, wash cloth, and two towels per person)
- Conveniently located parking across the street (cost of parking in apartment lot included, permit not valid on campus)
- Easy bus access
Meals are not included in the nightly rate. Each apartment has a kitchen, and there are a number of dining options around campus (summer hours vary), as well as in the local Isla Vista and Goleta communities.
- Located in the lobby of Santa Catalina South
- Daily check in: 4:00pm
- Daily check out: 11:00am
- Early check ins and late check outs are not permitted.
Explore Santa Barbara
Whether it's surfing the perfect wave at Campus Point, browsing charming shopping arcades on State Street, or seeing a concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl, there's plenty to do when you aren't working. Explore Santa Barbara!
- Email: conferences (at) housing.ucsb.edu
- Phone: (805) 893-3072